Japan National Team’s first practice session in Itu
10 June 2014
On 9 June the Japan National Team had their first practice session at their base in Itu in São Paulo, Brazil, in preparation for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
The players started their session by passing the ball under the gaze of the international media. It was a dry clear day with blazing sunshine in the afternoon.
The players then held a closed session for an hour and a half at night.
The base for the Japan National Team is located in the verdant outskirts of Itu.
The hotel includes some newly built parts, including the place in which the players are staying, and has a training ground with freshly laid turf in front of it.
Kawashima Eiji, the goalkeeper, noted: ‘Great facilities. We focused well on our practice and then felt relaxed afterwards.’ Nagatomo Yuto, the midfielder, also commented: `We had a very good practice session on the excellent ground and facilities.’
DF MORISHIGE Masato（FC Tokyo）
We’re in Brazil now, but I don’t think it will feel real until the first match. I played two matches in America and I feel like I can do more and want to play more. As I learned a lot in those games, next time I can build on that. I just want to play in the real thing and I will look over my performance when I finish this championship.
GK KAWASHIMA Eiji（Standard Liège/Belgium）
Finally the championship is drawing nearer. I feel tense thinking of all the preparation we’ve been through. I’d like to get myself ready for the opening match in the limited time we have. Côte d'Ivoire have many individually strong players and have a unique strength to counterattack. I’d like to react instantly to unexpected events as well as prepare well for those we can predict.
DF NAGATOMO Yuto（ F.C. Internazionale Milano/Italy）
Personally, I will get myself into the best physical condition. You can always get yourself into better condition, though. I’ve been preparing mentally for the World Cup for four years. I’ve got the real ‘Nagatomo Yuto’ inside me, who just can’t wait to go out and play. I’ll show you very soon. I think when we’ve conceded goals in recent games it has been because of the lack of determined final touches. I’d rather play aggressively with the best plays to win than focus on defence. That’s why we’ve been practicing for four years, and we are confident with that.
FW KAGAWA Shinji（Manchester United/England）
I feel gradually that the real matches are coming. I practice and get prepared, feeling relaxed as usual for the matches. As I still feel a bit tired from the games in America, I’d like to get myself into shape gently, while recovering.
DF NAGATOMO Yuto
GK KAWASHIMA Eiji
|Wed, 21 May ～ Sun, 25 May||-||Training Camp|
|Sun, 25 May||18:30||"Dream for Our power 2014" send off party
(Tokyo／Yoyogi National Stadium Yoyogi Gymnasiums 1)
|Tue, 27 May||1-0||Kirin Challeng Cup2014
vs Cyprus National Team
|Thu, 29 May ～ Fri, 6 June||-||Training Camp
|Mon, 2 June||International Friendly Match|
|3-1||vs Costa Rica NationalTeam
|Fri, 6 June||4-3||vs Zambia NationalTeam
Hong Kong : 6/7 07:30～
Super Soccer Channel 61
Thailand : 6/7 06:30～
True Sport 1
True Sport HD 2
|Sat, 14 June||2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil|
Sun, 15 June 10:00
|2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
vs CÔTE D'IVOIRE National Team
NHK G Sun,15 June9:00～（12:00）
NHK BS-1 Sun, 15 June 19:00～20:54
NHK BS-1 Fri, 20 June 4:00～5:55
NHK BS-1 Sat, 28 June 17:00～18:55
|Thu, 19 June||19:00（JST）
Fri,20 June 7：00
|2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
vs Greece National Team
(Estadio das Dunas)
NHK BS-1 Fri,20 June 6:00～9:10
NTV Fri,20 June 5:50～9:15
NHK BS-1 Fri, 20 June 20:00～21:55
NHK BS-1 Sat, 28 June 19:00～20:55
|Tue, 24 June||16:00（JST）
Wed,25 June 5:00
|2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
vs Colombia National Team
Asahi National Broadcasting Wed,25 June 4:40～7:20
NHK G Wed,25 June 9:05～11:00
NHK BS-1 Wed,25 June 20:00～21:55
NHK BS-1 Sat, 28 June 21:00～22:55
※Broadcast time is Japan time.
- National Teams 2014/06/09 Japan National Team start practice in Brazil
- National Teams 2014/06/08 Japan National Team arrive at base in Brazil
- National Teams 2014/06/07 Japan rally past Zambia in friendly on final day in Florida camp
- National Teams 2014/06/05 SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) reviewed tactics on sixth day of Florida training camp
- National Teams 2014/06/04 Japan National Squad focus on cooling down following Consta Rica tune-up
- National Teams 2014/06/03 SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) score upset against Costa Rica in international friendly at Florida training camp
- National Teams 2014/06/01 SAMURAI BLUE (Japan National Team) hold attacking practice on second day of Florida training camp
- National Teams 2014/05/31 SAMURAI BLUE(Japan National Team) departed for camp just before FIFA World Cup, held 1st training in Florida
- Competitions 2022/12/02 Race for the title and survival coming down to the wire - Prince Takamado Trophy JFA U-18 Football Premier League 2022
- Japan Football Association 2022/12/02 JFA renews partnership with the Real Federación Española de Fútbol
- National Teams 2022/12/01 SAMURAI BLUE’s Coach Moriyasu shares aspiration to “Give our all” in match against Spain
- Competitions 2022/12/01 Top three finishers of the Nadeshiko League to enter from the second round! - Empress's Cup JFA 44th Japan Women's Football Championship
- Referees 2022/12/01 YAMASHITA Yoshimi appointed as the fourth official for Group H match between Ghana and Uruguay at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™