Referee Training Center
Purpose of the Referee Training Center
- 1：Improvement of the football level of regions / prefectures
- 2：Development and strengthening of Class 2 Referees' instructors and Class 2 Referees.
- 3：Improvement of the quality of Class 3 Referees' instructors and quantitative expansion.
- 4：Scouting and development of talented people.
- 5：Offering FIFA・AFC・JFA's sustained principles of guidance, interpretation of competitions'rules and refereeing skills.
Type of training centers
1：Central Referee Training Center
- Providing the latest information through JFA Directors' direct instruction.
- Improvement of the referees' quality and of the refereeing skills.
- Sharing each region's information.
- Referees' instructors and referees that are participating to Regional Referee Training Centers.
2：Regional Referee Training Center
- Improvement of the football level of the region.
- Development and strengthening of Class 2 Referees' instructors and Class 2 Referees.
- Development of Class 3 Referees through the participation of observers.
- Scouting and development of talented referees.
- Class 2 Referees' instructors and Class 2 Referees of each region.
3：Prefectural Referee Training Center
- Development of Class 3・Class 4 Referees.
- Improvement of the quality of Class 3 Referees' instructors and quantitative expansion.
- Class 3 Referees' instructors, Class 3・Class 4 Referees
4：Women's Referee Training Center
- Understanding of football rules, guidance of referee's principles and skills.
- Development and diffusion of women referees.
- Improvement of the referees' quality for the acquirement of Class 3 Referee's qualification.
- Development and diffusion of women referees' instructors.
- New applicants for referee's qualifications.
- Class 4 Women Referees.
- Class 3 Women Referees.
- Women Referees' instructors.
Content of implementation
- 1：Understanding of football rules
- Presentations, stunts, practical trainings etc.
- 2：Guidance for refereeing
- Refereeing analysis through games, video clips etc.
- 3：Physical strengthening
- Fitness training, training theory.
- 4：Cooperation with technique
- Discussions with technical coaches, staff and players, etc.
- 5：Development of the personality
- Improvement of qualities necessary to referees, philosophy of football and philosophy of referee, etc.
- 6：Approach to each regional football association's own themes.
Requests to referees
- 1：Acquisition of knowledge
- about football itself
- about the spirit of football rules
- logical knowledge
- practical knowledge
- social knowledge
- 2：Improvement of refereeing skills
- refereeing eye
- movements and positioning
- Management capacity（Operation）
- Game management
- 3：Improvement of fitness
- basis：moving in order to referee correctly, understanding of game's development and tactics.
- speed and amount of exercise, movements matched to modern football
- 4：Improvement of the personality
- a strong mentality
- firm belief・philosophy
- strengthening of internal motivation
- building human nature