Japan Football Hall of Fame
The Japan Football Hall of Fame was established on May 27, 2005 to praise the people who made great contributions to Japanese football at the Japan Football Museum. All those made great contributions to Japanese football are listed in the museum.
Nominees are selected based on two qualifications of “a person who made long-term great and outstanding contribution to Japanese football,” and “a person who reaches his/her 60th birthday (excluding the deceased). Moreover, a non-player who made considerable contribution, a player who was especially recognized his/her distinctive success by the committee and the past presidents are recommended as specially elected nominee without votes.
The listed are called up and approved by the executive committee with a reference from the Hall of Fame Committee.
Public Foundation Japan Football Association “Japan Football Hall of Fame」Private Regulation”
Japan Football Hall of Fame
Public Foundation Japan Football Association places “Japan Football Hall of Fame” at the Japan Football Museum to praise the person who made great contributions to Japanese football. Selections are made based on the following criteria.
Hall of Fame Committee
(1) Chairman is selected at the Executive Committee. (Term: 2 years).
(2) Chairman recommends up to 11 committee members, organize the Hall of Fame Committee and get approval from the Executive Committee.
The Chairman of the Hall of Fame summons the Hall of Fame Committee and lists candidates based on the selection qualification stipulated below.
A player who made long-term great contribution to Japanese football. A person who reaches his/her 60th birthday as of its selection, which is not applied to the deceased. The selection criteria are stipulated separately.
Selection by voting
The Chairman of the Hall of Fame presents the elective list to the person who satisfies the following qualification (to be described as “Voter” later) and asks to vote for selection.
Executive Committee Member, Specially-Appointed Executive Committee Member, and Auditor
A person from the media who has over 10 years of football coverage experience of considerable football insight. Inductees himself/herself
(1) The elective list for up to 10 candidates and the voting paper are sent to the voter.
(2) The voter enters name of one person when five candidates are listed, while names of two persons when 6 or more candidates are listed, and returns the form.
(3) Open votes. No-one-is-applicable vote is effective.
(4) The Hall of Fame committee calculates the number of votes, basically confirms which candidates earned 75% or more of the total number of votes, and report to the Executive Committee.
(5) As a result of votes, any candidates who earned more than 10% and less than 75% of total number of votes are listed on ballots for next election up to three times.
The Hall of Fame committee may the person who satisfies the following criteria as a candidate who is not required to be “voted” among the qualified people.
The people who made great contributions to Japanese football
The past presidents
Candidate selection criteria are stipulated separately.
Independent of the rules stated above, if the ‘team’ had excelled in the major tournaments, hosted by the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) or the IOC (International Olympic Committee), after twenty years, the entire team can be recommended to become the member of the ‘Japan Football Hall of Fame’ to the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee receives recommendation lists from the Hall of Fame committee to approve them to be listed on the Japan Football Hall of Fame. The Executive Committee receives recommendation lists for specially selected candidates from the Hall of Fame committee, deliberates them to approve.
Any matters which are not stipulated in private regulations may be stipulated separately.