Referee Registration System
Qualifications for receiving for skill training course
Everyone who, after having attended a course of lectures for qualifying, can perform as football or futsal referee, is allowed to participate the course.
Expiration date of the qualification
One year, from 1st April to 31st March
Newly acquired qualification… effective from the date of the acquisition until the year-end (31st March). （ it is necessary to attend a course for the renewal of the qualification during that year ）
※Lectures for the next year performance, may be carried out in the previous
Renewal of the qualification
The qualification of all classes must be renewed every year. For the renewal of the qualification it is necessary to attend a course for the renewal organised by the belonging prefectural or the regional football association or the JFA e-learning ( for Class 4 referees only) and to pay the next year referee registration fee.
|JFA||Regional FA||Prefectural FA|
|Football referee||Class 1||20,000||Fixed by each regional FA||Fixed by each prefectural FA|
|Women Class 1||12,000|
|Futsal referees||Class 1||12,000||Fixed by each regional FA||Fixed by each prefectural FA|
|Football referee instructor||Class S||20,000||Fixed by each regional FA||Fixed by each prefectural FA|
|Futsal referee instructor||Class 1||10,000||Fixed by each regional FA||Fixed by each prefectural FA|
About youth referees （applied since 2012）
For class 3 and class 4 referees under 18 / under 15
Definition of Under 18: who, at the date before the starting of the year (31st March) is under 18 years old
Definition of Under 15： who, at the date before the starting of the year (31st March) is under 15 years old
About 18 years old discount （applied since 2012）
Fundamentally, referees who are becoming 18 years old, should pay the "common" renewal course's fee and next year referee registration fee, but only in case referees who are becoming 18 are renewing the qualification or they are being promoted in the current year, courses' fees and next year referee registration fees for U-18 listed above, are applied.
Second official registration
About second official registration
It is a registration system that allows to referee matches of prefectural football associations, different from the belonging association.
- In case referees who has acquired the Fourth Official's qualification at Football Association A, is allowed to referee matches organised by Football Association B.
- Cases in which a referee, who has been registered to Football Association C through his belonging team, as member of another club, wishes to referee matches organised by Football Association D.
- It is a system for refereeing matches organised by prefectural football associations.
- In case Football / Futsal Class 2, Women Class 1, Football / Futsal Class 1 referees are refereeing matches organised by regional football associations or by JFA, this system will not be applied.
- This system is only for referees who have already finished the registration for the next year at the belonging prefectural football association.
- To renew the referee qualification, it is necessary to apply for it at the current belonging prefectural football association. Please note that it is not possible to renew the referee qualification at the football association where the second official registration was made.
- The term for the second official registration at a football association, different form the belonging, is from the day the referees' committee of the prefectural football association, where the second official registration was requested, accepts the registration to 31st March of the next year.
- When refereeing a match in a prefectural football association where the second official registration was requested, it is necessary to carry the "Second official registration Referee Card" (electronic registration card) issued by「KICKOFF」.