Japanese instructor Mr. OTSUKA Ichiro dispatched to Mongolia
27 January 2022
In efforts to support the development of football in Asia, Japan Football Association (JFA) has been dispatching instructors to many regions of Asia. Most recently, Mr. OTSUKA Ichiro was dispatched to Mongolia to serve as Head Coach of the Mongolia National Team and U-23 National Team to support the development of football in Mongolia.
Mr. Terbaatar Dambiijav, General Secretary, Mongolian Football Federation
MFF and JFA signed a long-term partnership deal in 2015. We have invited Japanese coaches to collaborate with the Mongolian National Team as part of this agreement. We are looking forward to Coach Otsuka Ichiro's commitment to the Mongolian National Team and the development of football.
We also believe that throughout his time with the National Team, he will continue Coach Mase Shuichi's work. We will do our utmost to accommodate his work in the Mongolian Football Federation. Due to the AFC's requirement that our National Team to have a PRO certified coach, it is a privilege to work with Dispatched Coach Mr. Otsuka Ichiro. AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Qualifiers Final Round will be a source of great excitement for us this summer.
Coach Otsuka Ichiro arrived in January to train the National Team for the match in June. We'd also like to express our gratitude to the JFA and National Team supporters, Football Fans for their continued support. His trip to Mongolia, we feel, will be extraordinary. One team, one goal with your support, we can take our national football to the next level.
OTSUKA Ichiro, Head Coach of the Mongolia National Team and U-23 National Team
I have been appointed Head Coach of the Mongolia National Team and U-23 National Team. I will be taking over the position from my predecessor, Mr. MASE Shuichi, and I will do my best to live up to his achievements. When I arrived in Mongolia the other day, the temperature was -20℃ and even though I am used to dealing with the cold weather in Toyama, I thought my ears were going to freeze. I have been told that the cold weather will gradually ease over the next months. I feel the warmth of the local people from their friendly smiles. We have a busy year ahead with the AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Qualifiers final round, the EAFF E-1 Football Championship, and the Asian Games. I will do my best to achieve solid results and become a bridge between Mongolia and Japan. Lastly, I would like to thank JFA and everyone who supported me in making this decision to come to Mongolia.
- 2022/01/13 Japanese instructor Mr. HAGINO Shuntaro dispatched to Brunei Darussalam
- 2021/12/17 Japanese instructor Ms. OGURA Sakiko dispatched to Guam
- 2021/06/25 Japanese instructors Mr. IKEGAYA Takashi, Mr. AMANO Keisuke and Mr. OKU Takeshi dispatched to Chengdu, China
- 2021/05/19 Japanese Instructor Mr. TAKAHASHI Hideharu dispatched to Bhutan
- 2021/05/11 Japanese Instructor Mr. HOSAKA Takuro dispatched to Hong Kong
- Competitions 2022/08/03 【Interview with ENDO Jun】Futsal has helped shape the way I play now - JFA Vermont Cup 32nd U-12 Japan Futsal Championship
- National Teams 2022/08/02 U-15 Japan Women's National Team squad - HiFA Peace Memorial 2022 Balcom BMW CUP Hiroshima Women's Soccer Festa (8/8-11＠Hiroshima)
- Competitions 2022/08/02 Competition to determine the best futsal team in the U-18 age group to be held - JFA 9th U-18 Japan Futsal Championship
- National Teams 2022/08/01 U-17 Japan National Team squad - Prayer for Peace; Hiroshima International Youth Soccer Games 2022 (8/8-11＠Hiroshima)
- 2022/07/29 From Pitches in Asia – Report from JFA Coaches/Instructors Vol. 66: HAGINO Shuntaro, Physiotherapist of U-18 & U-15 Brunei Darussalam National Team