JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki experience “Rice Planting Experience” “CPR Workshop”
02 July 2014
As the world-class athlete development, the JFA Academy aims to foster athletes who can lead the society with the true global standards by emphasising educating them as people, not only as football players. While players go back to their own home during regular weekends, the JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki holds a variety of activities by utilizing substitute holidays when the players stay together at the academy. We introduce Rice Planting Experience and CPR Workshop they just recently experienced.
Comment (Rice Planting Experience)
MIYAMOTO Kodai (JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki, 4th Class, 3rd Grade in Junior High)
This is my second time to plant rice after the first try in last year. I found it difficult to plant paddies neatly and keep them straight. I saw Farmers took that for granted and their professional skill was just amazing. It was great that I also gained an appreciation for food from the experience.
IWATA Soichiro (JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki, 5th Class, 2nd Grade in Junior high)
There were two things that I felt during the rice planting. The first thing was how hard the hand planting was. I realised people in old times were having a lot of difficulties while people today use machineries. Second was the importance of rice. To plant rice, it takes many hours to plant paddies one by one. We need to value each one of rice grains. I feel like eating rice from now one without leaving anything in the bowl.
ARAKI Ryosuke (JFA Academy Kumamoto UKI, 6th Class, 1st Grade in Junior High)
This is my second time to plant rice after I did it when I was in elementary school. But this is my first time to get into the paddy and it was a little clammy. From the paddies that I planted, about 9 kilograms of rice will be harvested, but I learned how tough farming is. I will start appreciating more for people who do this work for us.
Comment (CPR and AED Workshop)
TAKAHASHI Taiyo (JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki, 4th Class, 3rd Grade in Junior High)
I learned in the workshop that we could save someone’s life by ourselves. I learned that the chance of survival can be twice as big depending on whether we do CPR or not. I realised the importance of CPR. In the future, if I come across someone collapsing, I want to do what I learned and raise the probability of living even by 1%.
YOSHIDA Kento (JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki, 5th Class, 2nd Grade in Junior High)
I learned CPR and how to use AED from fire officers and volunteers. I tried chest compression. We need to put into mind that it is supposed to be done at a rate of 100 times a minute. I clearly understood how to use the AED because the machine itself explained what to do. When someone falls down nearby or when a teammate or an opponent player falls down during our practice or game, I’m willing to be the first to save as many lives as possible.
NAGAO Taisei (JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki, 6th Class, 1st Grade in Junior High)
Before taking the workshop, I would close my eyes and run away when some real human being goes down. But if I could save someone’s life by doing what I learned today, I would do it. Looking at others trying hard on compressing a chest, I felt once again that life was very important. I want to be a man who can bravely save someone in many different aspects.
- Coaches 2014/06/20 JFA Academy regional activities - Official Class A Coach U-12 training course
- Coaches 2014/06/16 JFA Academy regional activities
- Players Development 2014/06/12 JFA Academy Sakai Second-term players participated in “Sakai 2days March”
- Players Development 2014/05/30 Francesc Rubio Sedano trains future prospects at JFA Academy Kumamoto Uki
- Players Development 2014/05/29 Girls transplant rice seedings at JFA Academy Fukushima
- National Teams 2021/06/18 Nadeshiko Japan (Japan Women’s National Team) Squad - Games of the XXXII Olympiad (Tokyo 2020)【7/21-8/6】, MS&AD CUP 2021【7/14＠Kyoto】
- National Teams 2021/06/18 Japan Beach Soccer National Team short-listed Squad - Training Camp (6/21-26＠Shizuoka)
- National Teams 2021/06/17 U-17 Japan National Team short-listed Squad - Training Camp (6/19-23＠Chiba)
- National Teams 2021/06/17 U-20 Japan Futsal National Team short-listed Squad - Training Camp (6/21-23＠Shizuoka)
- National Teams 2021/06/17 U-19 Japan Women's National Team short-listed Squad - Training Camp (6/21-24＠J-Village)